|Care for TONER Cutlery
If the cutlery is used and cared for properly, the TONER company provides one-year quality guarantee from the date of purchase. It is therefore advisable for you to keep the proof of purchase. Guarantee is provided on condition that the following instructions are observed:
- Before first use, wash the cutlery in warm water using a non-aggressive liquid detergent, rinse it and wipe it dry using a soft cloth.
- Stainless steel cutlery may be washed in a dishwasher. Immediately after the end of the selected washing program, take cutlery out of the dishwasher to prevent condensed water vapour from making stains. Do not let it dry in the dishwasher. To prevent possible occurrence of stains, wipe the individual parts of cutlery, particularly the knife blades, using a soft cloth. However, washing in a dishwasher cannot be recommended without reservation. Long-term or intensive washing of the cutlery made of 18/10 steel in a dishwasher may cause a loss of high gloss and may damage the ornamental gold plating of the cutlery and polished surfaces.
- While washing the cutlery in a dishwasher, follow the correct dosing of the detergents only recommended by the manufacturer, including regular refilling of regenerating salts. Lay cutlery in the dishwasher in compliance with the instructions. Knives, forks and spoons should not be separated. Lay them vertically with handles downwards to ensure appropriate washing and rinsing. The knife blades must not come into contact with one another nor with any other metal. Do not put parts of cutlery made of 18/10 nickel-chromium stainless steel in one dishwasher basket together with those made of 17/0 or 18/0 chromium stainless steel. Knife-edges and serrations are subject to a special stress. If softeners are not used, the other parts of cutlery may be washed in a dishwasher, but knife-edges gradually become blunt. Not using softeners may also cause that knife blades lose gloss. Do not dry knives in a dishwasher, but wipe them using a soft cloth.
- Do not let food acids, which are contained in mustard, marinades, salad dressing, fruit, preserved fruit, fruit food, etc., dry on the cutlery. Long-term or intensive acid treating may leave irremovable stains on the cutlery. Acid food residues attack particularly knife-edges, therefore rinse and wipe cutlery immediately after use.
- Do not use abrasives, sponges containing metal fibres, harsh wash cloths, aggressive chemicals, etc., which could damage the polished surface of the cutlery.
- The cutlery of a higher usage value, such as silver-plated, polished or ornamentally gold-plated cutlery, should be used and treated with respect to its special finish to maintain its longer life. We recommend washing it by hand and keeping it separately in a special case. The silver finish of silver-plated cutlery is liable to oxidation, therefore we recommend wiping it using a silver-cleaning cloth. Never use any acids. Ornamentally gold-plated cutlery is sensitive to being scored and therefore never use a silver-cleaning cloth, which has an abrasive effect.
- Cutlery is intended to be used for consuming and handling food. Do not use it for any other purpose!
Quality guarantee does not cover the following cases:
- Wear and tear caused by common use.
- If the product has been used out of keeping the Instructions for Use Care for TONER Cutlery Guarantee.
- If there are defects caused by impacts or inappropriate force, or if the cutlery has been used for any purpose other than consuming food.
Please contact the dealer, from whom you have purchased the TONER cutlery, to settle your warrantable complaint. The proof of purchase serves as guarantee certificate.
By observing the above-mentioned instructions, you will ensure long life, durability and continuous good appearance of the branded TONER cutlery you have purchased.