Cutlery Use, Care and Cleaning Guide
To keep your stainless steel items look their best, there are a few things to remember :
- Do not leave salt or food on your stainless steel items, always rinse off. wash in hot water with neutral soap or mild liquid detergent, rinse and dry immediately using a soft cloth.
- If using a dishwasher, follow all instructions of the dishwasher manufacturer. Place your cutlery in the machine’s basket with the handles turned down and keep the knives in a separate part of the basket.
- Most of our stainless steel items are marked as dishwasher safe, however we recommend that you rinse them before placing them in the dishwasher, as prolonged contact with certain acids may cause staining, for example contact with salt, vinegar or tomato.
- We strongly recommend that you remove them from the dishwasher immediately after the washing cycle has finished and dry them with a soft cloth. Pay extra care to knife blades and dry them after each washing, as their sharp parts are more susceptible to oxidization.
- Our stainless steel items should not be washed together with other metal objects in the dishwasher, especially not with silver items.
- Never use abrasive parts of sponge or scourers.
- Do not leave stainless steel items to soak in water for a long time.
- To restore the original shine and remove lasting stains due to a lesser quality washing, wipe your stainless steel items with a soft cloth adding just a few drops of lemon juice.
- Do not use any silver cleaners on your stainless steel items.
- Always store your stainless steel items in dry conditions.